Tuesday, June 26, 2012

13.1

I ran the AF Canyon half on Saturday.  Here's the start line, we had to be there sooo early (4:30 a.m.) but it was so pretty up there at sunrise I suppose it was worth it. 

Lo and behold, look who's picture was at the start and the finish line! The race was a cancer fundraiser and we were able to submit a picture beforehand of loved one.  I had no idea they would use the one I submitted, especially considering how many runners there were.  What a great surprise!  So great to see her there with me at the start.  

You can't tell by the picture, but this was as big as a giant movie screen.  It was pretty cool.  And all along the course they had signs with names people had submitted and why they were running for them.  

Just running along... The course was so beautiful, down the canyon next to the river.

Almost done, phewf.  This is my new favorite race.  Who's with me next year?  

2 comments:

Jody said...

Good Job San San! How cool that they put Sarah's picture up there too! I loved the action pic of you running! lol!

Deb said...

you are the new "ridiculously photogenic runner"! (did you hear about that?) Way to go!!!!!