Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Back In the Day...

After I graduated college I, like anyone else, hit the pavement and started looking for a job. That task turned out to be a lot harder than I thought it would be. After filling out applications for over a year, I finally got a job at LDS Hospital. That was 9 years ago. And although that particular job wasn’t the best suit for me, look what I got out of it….




(T-Bone makes a special visit to Utah and this is the ONLY picture we took)


Life-long friends. I know now that I had to wait for that particular job. Otherwise I never would have met these lovely ladies. First I met Angela (not pictured) at the fax machine. Then Sarah, in the training room, and Katie (aka T-bone) in the cafeteria (at the 8th and C cafĂ© to be exact). Friendship quickly ensued. This included about a million lunches together, a kajillion emails back and forth, many visits at each other’s desks, and almost daily trips to the hospital gift shop to get a snack. Oh, those were the days. We won’t mention the accidental “reply to all” emails from Sarah that went to the whole hospital. Lol.

And even though two of you chose to move out of state (boo!), rarely a day goes by that I don’t talk to one or all of these girls. We like to call ourselves The Wolf Pack, or the A-Team. Not really, but it just sounds cool. These days though, we DO call ourselves Team Sarah.

Members since 2001.

Check it out: http://sweatinforsarah.com/

Candace (pictured) never worked at the hospital with us but she may as well have :)

3 comments:

Angela said...

I'm a bit ferclempt!

Jody said...

Awww.

Friendship isn't a big thing... it's a million little things! :)

KT said...

Love it! Love it! And I love us! And I may or may not shed a tear when I think of us. Very glad we all had that lame job ;)

But you did forget to mention Ramona and Big Rick from the 8th & C Cafe....